Recipe : Beef Keema Chef Wan

Keema Beef

I made Beef Keema for dinner last night, using a recipe from Chef Wan’s book I found somewhere in my grandparents place.

This is a first time though, and I gotta admit that I need more practice cooking dishes like this. It is more in the technique I think, and I lack cooking technique especially in oriental and local dishes. Sigh…

It turned out a bit oily but anyway hubby loved it, so I am grateful that at least he had a nice dinner. Ehehe…

Oh by the way, my lovely hubby bought me a macro lens for my Sony Nex-3 (thank you dear!!!). Now my food shots should look better, took the photo above with the new lens. Hehe…..

OK lah, I am in the mood to type today, so here goes the original recipe from the book, if you want to give it a try ;) . I manually copied it down so I hope I did not miss anything. It is actually a recipe for Mutton Keema, but I replaced the mutton with beef.

Good luck!

Mutton Keema Chef Wan 

Ingredients: 
Oil 
500g minced mutton 
1tbsp ginger paste 
1tbsp garlic paste 
Butter (for sautéing) 
Bombay onions 
250ml hot water 
125ml plain yoghurt 
125ml whipping cream 
Chopped tomatoes 
Peas (I used frozen mixed vegetables) 
Fresh Green and Red Chilli 
Ground Peppercorns (ground black pepper) 
Salt 
A stick of cinnamon (kulit kayu manis) 
Some cardamoms (buah pelaga)
Some cloves (bunga cengkih) 
Coriander leaves (daun ketumbar) 
Mix all these together into a paste: 
1tsp white pepper powder (lada sulah) 
1tbsp garam masala 
1tbsp coriander powder (serbuk ketumbar) 
1tbsp cumin powder (serbuk jintan putih) 
1tbsp beef curry powder 
1tbsp chilli powder 
60ml water 

Instructions: 
1) In a frying pan, heat some oil and cook minced mutton with ginger and garlic paste 
2) In a separate sauce pan, heat butter and sauté Bombay onions until aromatic 
3) Toss in the cinnamon, cardamoms and cloves. Then pour in the mixed curry paste and cook for around 5 minutes until aromatic 
4) Then, put in the cooked minced mutton and water. Simmer for a few minutes. 
5) Pour in the yoghurt and cream 
6) Lastly, toss in the chopped tomatoes, peas, fresh chillies 
7) Season with ground peppercorns and salt
8) Serve with grilled pita or nan bread

Comments

Popular Posts