When worries come in a package.



I walked into the GP's room and answered him when he asked me what is wrong.

"I have a long story to tell".

It cracked him up, and I laughed too, albeit being so uncomfortable with a cramping stomach since morning.

I told him my story from a few days earlier.

It started with a headache, one that I usually got even before I was pregnant - this throbbing ache on the crown of my head that sometimes radiates to the back of my eyes. The only thing that usually stopped it is either Panadol or a long sleep in a dark, cool room.

After contemplating for quite a while, I decided to just pop some Panadol. I could not stand the nuisance.

So the next day I went to my OB with no more pain from the headache. Alhamdulillah the checkup went well, baby is growing healthily and he is now 1.1 kg. He scored perfectly on the average growth chart, and Dr Idora was content with my progress.

I took the whole day off, and so we headed to KLCC for some window shopping (hubby and I). It has been a while since we had a decent date night/day, I really missed having him only to myself.

There was a lot of waiting, sitting and walking on that day. At the end of the day, my body started to ache all over. It kind of felt like I was catching fever, but there was no temperature. I noticed that my head still ached, especially when I prostrate during prayers and when I coughed or sneezed.

So I was quite in a miserable, tired state and I think my Braxton Hicks came quite often.

Sigh.

I woke up the next morning, still with some mild headache. It has improved, but it was still there. My body was still aching, so I decided to take MC and rest. Maybe all I needed was a nice pampering, so after sending Bella and hubby to work, I headed to Baliayu Spa in Paradigm Mall for a prenatal massage (I am a sucker for spas, it made me feel better for a while).

The rest of the day, well, I was still tired and achy. The massage did help a bit and made me relax, but it did not eliminate my body aches.

Friday, I woke up feeling better. Alhamdulillah. The body aches was almost all gone, and the headache has subsided. I went to work as usual, but that morning my stomach decided that it had too much gas (its not like I skipped breakfast or anything, or maybe because the first thing that went into my tummy that morning was a durian creampuff!)

So there I was, suffering from another episode of gastric. My stomach cramped, but it was so hard for me to tell which part of my abdomen was cramping - my stomach or my uterus. It was so confusing and the cramps just would not go away, unlike Braxton Hicks that usually goes away if I emptied my bladder or changed positions.

I came back from lunch and found out that I had some bleeding in my nose. Great, another addition to an already confusing situation.

Freaked. Me. Out.

I really did not know what to do anymore. So after asking for opinions from hubby and some friends, I thought what the heck, maybe I should just drop by a GP to check my blood pressure and whatnots, just to make sure.

The GP did not look worried. After telling him the whole story he also suspects that it was just gas. After all I did not have any fever or vomiting. He checked my BP and it was excellent too. So he gave me some antacid and painkillers and advised me to rest. The nosebleed? Well it was just at the walls of nose (the blood capillaries) not from the inside of my head or something.

I went home early. Fetched Bella from school, rested and watched TV but the cramping was still there but it was slowly fading away. My appetite was coming back slowly too.

I slept soundly through the night and this morning I woke up feeling a lot better.

Alhamdulillah.

I hope that this episode is over. You know, sometimes, things just happens in a package, especially when you are in a situation where it is important that every incident counts, like being pregnant at 28 weeks!

It freaked me out, really. It's like I am this paranoid woman but I don't care.

I guess such worry is normal right? I mean, eventhough I have been pregnant before, I do have a number of "what is this???" moment.

It's so true that every pregnancy is different. It comes with different experiences, therefore I think that no matter what it always pays to :

1) Equip myself with as much knowledge about pregnancy as possible
2) Listen to my body

Now that my appetite and energy is back, I am soo cooking for lunch today. Maybe some chicken soup to soothe my soul. Heheh.

Comments

Popular Posts