Aidilfitri at 36 weeks



36 weeks, and its Syawal :)

Salam Aidilfitri to all of my Muslim readers, I hope everyone is having fun celebrating with your families and friends.

It's really entertaining seeing people posting photos with families and their Hari Raya matching outfits, and many quirky poses as well. It just adds to the joyful occassion.



This year, we only celebrated at my parents in-law in KL. Actually we are supposed to celebrate in Kota Bharu, but with this belly, I don't think travelling is something I would fancy right now. I even get tired climbing up a flight of stairs! Heheh.

It was still great nonetheless. Visited some relatives who also spend their raya here while enjoying the smooth roads, and still get to eat raya food.

I even took the effort the cook Rendang Ayam again this year. Raya means rendang and lemang, and considering that I am going for a 40 days confinement soon, I MUST have them.



The pregnancy on the other hand is going well too, Alhamdulillah. Last week the baby weighed in at 2.5kg, which is right on track. I even feel that my belly is descending and ballooning right now - a sign that everything is going smooth but with an increased discomfort for me....huhu.

I find this pregnancy more tiresome than the first, I think most of it is due to me having to be on my feet all the time, tending to an older child and taking care of the home (and going to work). The fatigue lasted from the first to the third trimester for me. Not complaining though coz indeed every pregnancy is always different.

Wow, I can't believe it has been 9 months. Friends who are pregnant too are delivering in queue now, its just a matter of time for me! Can't wait to meet baby.

Right now the only things running through my mind are the preparation for the birth and baby, anticipating my labor day and reading about birth stories. God knows how much I need them, especially the positive and VBAC ones, as a support system to my nerves. It's like having a first baby again this time.

In the meantime, I better sort out my hospital and baby bag. Ah yes, its not ready yet. Yikes!

Comments

cocochaneta said…
bestkan boleh raya sebeleum bersalin, hehe.. kalo x asyik telan liur je la tgk org makan rendang segala.

semoga dipermudahkan urusan you bersalin nanti
Ayuni A. said…
Terima kasih Masitah. A a tulah, hihi sempatla nak merasa makanan raya :)
Tisha said…
good luck yuni. insyaAllah if you put your mind to it, semua akan dipermudahkan…
Sheila Salim said…
assalamualaikum.. alhamdullilah. tak lama lagi tu nak bersalin. dapat gak makan puas2 rendang dan kuih raya skrg. hihiii semoga dipermudahkan urusan bersalin awak nanti ~~~
kayla said…
hi yuni :) great to read that u still blog! anyways, selamat hari raya and May Allah ease your labour nanti. btw, bella dah besar ya... i remember awal2 dulu masa i read ur blog she was just a baby. how time flies!
Ayuni A. said…
Thanks for your prayers dear Tisha, Sheila and Kayla :)
Ayuni A. said…
Thanks for your prayers dear Tisha, Sheila and Kayla :)
Ayuni A. said…
This comment has been removed by the author.

Popular Posts