Recipe : Baked salmon and corn salad rice bowl

I am a big fan of salmon. I can take it in any way - raw, baked, grilled, asam pedas, curry, you name it, I'll eat it.

Too bad it could cost us a bomb to always have them in the kitchen. So, if these darlings are around I do try my best to cook them is as nice as possible.

So here is what we had for dinner last night:


Baked salmon and corn salad rice bowl

How to make the salmon:

Ingredients:
Olive oil
Light soy sauce
Brown sugar
Ginger
Salt and pepper
Sliced red onions

Method:

  1. Marinate salmon fillets with the above ingredients (except onions) for around 1 hour in the fridge
  2. On a baking pan, smear some olive oil and arrange the red onion slices
  3. Lay the salmon fillets on top of the onions
  4. Bake for around 10-15 minutes, at 180 degree celcius

How to make corn and carrot salad:

Ingredients:
Frozen corn
Frozen baby carrots
Mayonnaise (I used Kewpie Japanese Mayo)
Olive oil
Lemon juice
Salt and pepper

Method:

  1. Cook some frozen corns and baby carrots
  2. Toss with some mayonnaise, olive oil and lemon juice
  3. Season with salt and pepper


Serve with some brown rice and garnish with mint leaves and chilli flakes (I used Mae Pranom because it is hotter and spicier).

Enjoy!

Comments

Serenely said…
What an awesome sounding and gorgeous looking dish. I'm awful at cooking fish in general, but this looks simple enough with highly effective results. Off to get some salmon from the shops then!

Popular Posts